The Lads Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» joke
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:26 pm by Wardy

» The Death Penalty
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 pm by Swiss

» a couple of clips about adolf hitler and his xbox 360
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 7:12 pm by Swiss

» Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life?
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 pm by Wardy

» just when you thought it was safe to go outside.
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:15 pm by Wardy

» FAO: Wardy / Talk Talk Customers
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:04 pm by Wardy

» Have you heard of Mystery
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 12:02 am by Stanford

» Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:16 pm by Wardy

» 1.5% cut in rates
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 pm by Wardy

Poll

Should we have a chatbox?

Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Vote_lcap0%Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Vote_lcap100%Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Vote_rcap 100% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

Links

Your link here?  Contact Us

Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life?

+2
Wardy
Fuzz
6 posters

Go down

Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Empty Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life?

Post by Fuzz Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Have you ever done something so unbelievably stupid, that could have killed you?

Now, I dont mean bungie jumping and the like. I mean things like putting a shotgun between your legs and looking down the barrell (Wardy)!

Answers on a postcard pls
Fuzz
Fuzz
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Empty Re: Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life?

Post by Wardy Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm better then "i didn't c the other 1 go past""
Wardy
Wardy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 304
Drives : VW Golf ED30 in Grey
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life? Empty Re: Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life?

Post by kingy Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:21 am

We used to walk along the railway when I was a kid/teenager. One night we forgot that electric trains are quite quiet when ou have the city noise of London all around you. THink it was the driver sounding his horn at about 50m away that did it. Made us jump a bit!
kingy
kingy

Number of posts : 102
Drives : me tractor
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by thanesas Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 am

mine is also railway based. As a youth (talking 12-15) me and my cousins used to go "coining".

It involved saving up all the 1ps and 2ps we could get our hands on all week and then at the weekend going down to a stretch of railway line that you could scramble up to without much trouble.

Coining involved going onto the tracks, placing an arrangement of 1ps and 2ps (2ps were much better to be fair!) on the tracks and waiting for a train to give them the bad news by rolling over them at speed. Once the train had passed you scrambled back up on the track and tried to find your mangled coins.

Now the issues with this (beyond the small fear that some have that a 2p coin could derail a 50+ tonne train) was that the stretch of line was rural, and the trains were electric - so were passing us at 70mph. They were frequent too - at least one 5/10 minutes.

The track was poker straight for over a mile on one side - so you could see a train coming in plenty of time but the other side of the track (which we tended not to use) was curved so you couldn't really see the train until it was on top of you.

My cousin had to throw himself out of the way of a train on the "curved track" and ended up in a bush of nettles.... my closest shave was getting tangled in the fence trying to get off the track on the straight bit.

Looking back it was incredibly stupid... but by god was it fun Laughing
thanesas
thanesas
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 213
Drives : Fiesta ST150
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://ladslair.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzz Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:41 am

Its funny that you dont think its at all dangerous at the time eh, wierd! Good wholesome fun. Better than what the youth of today get up to, robberies and shit!
Fuzz
Fuzz
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by mandelbug Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 am

In my 1992 Mini Cooper (First on road car and pride n joy) I pulled out in front of a Vauxhall Omega. Pinballed off the kerb on the other side of the nice wide junction and had to climb out of the passenger seat. It was only having the Sills replaced a matter of weeks earlier that saved my life.

Dad called me a daft sod blah blah and then saw the car and went pale :S

mandelbug
Making A Mark
Making A Mark

Number of posts : 21

http://forwums.zatzy.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JUGGZ Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 pm

its not so much to do with costing me my life,but when i was cleaning out my xbox 360 i forgot to unplug the power supply and the lead fell in to my lap while i was just wearing my boxer shorts.
if you think you've seen the worlds fasted man on tv doing the 100 meters then your wrong.
JUGGZ
JUGGZ
Making A Mark
Making A Mark

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wardy Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 pm

JUGGZ wrote:its not so much to do with costing me my life,but when i was cleaning out my xbox 360 i forgot to unplug the power supply and the lead fell in to my lap while i was just wearing my boxer shorts.
if you think you've seen the worlds fasted man on tv doing the 100 meters then your wrong.

hahahahaha nice!!
Wardy
Wardy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 304
Drives : VW Golf ED30 in Grey
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down