The Lads Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» joke
The Death Penalty EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:26 pm by Wardy

» The Death Penalty
The Death Penalty EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 pm by Swiss

» a couple of clips about adolf hitler and his xbox 360
The Death Penalty EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 7:12 pm by Swiss

» Most stupid thing you've done that could have cost you your life?
The Death Penalty EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 pm by Wardy

» just when you thought it was safe to go outside.
The Death Penalty EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:15 pm by Wardy

» FAO: Wardy / Talk Talk Customers
The Death Penalty EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:04 pm by Wardy

» Have you heard of Mystery
The Death Penalty EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 12:02 am by Stanford

» Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
The Death Penalty EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:16 pm by Wardy

» 1.5% cut in rates
The Death Penalty EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 pm by Wardy

Poll

Should we have a chatbox?

The Death Penalty Vote_lcap0%The Death Penalty Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Death Penalty Vote_lcap100%The Death Penalty Vote_rcap 100% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

Links

Your link here?  Contact Us

The Death Penalty

5 posters

Go down

The Death Penalty Empty The Death Penalty

Post by Wardy Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 pm

guys

Should it come??
Wardy
Wardy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 304
Drives : VW Golf ED30 in Grey
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

The Death Penalty Empty Re: The Death Penalty

Post by Fuzz Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 am

Contravertial Wardy, I do believe that the last people to be hanged in this country turned out to be innocent? Mite be wrong tho!

There was something in the media recently that said "Hug a hoodie", well, why not "Hang a hoodie"? Problem solved!

There are thee issues with the DP;

1. Reliability of conviction.
2. Is putting them to death a let off? No suffering to them!
3. Should the tax payer have to foot the bill to incarcerate them for life?
Fuzz
Fuzz
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by thanesas Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:31 pm

Its a tricky one. Do I agree with the concept... partially - mostly due to point 3 that Fuzz made... but i can never see it happening - can you imagine the appeals process that they would need to have and the sueing that would go on based on Fuzz's first point - it would be ridiculous.

Tell you what though, imprisonment needs sorted on three points in my opinion.

Point One - Make it punishment for a start, i'm sorry - someone's human rights doesn't dictate they should have a cell to themselves, a tv, a playstation, three warm meals a day etc!

Point Two - Sentences - get told 5 years - serve five years, none of this serve less than half of it crap

Point Three - Life should mean Life. The Yanks have the right idea - jailing people for multiple murders they actually jail them for 3 consectutive life sentences or whatever - thats more like it.

In fact, they should use prison ships, and not maintain them very well, sail them into the middle of no-where and sink the fcukers!!
thanesas
thanesas
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 213
Drives : Fiesta ST150
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://ladslair.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzz Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:33 pm

You are quite right Thanesas when you say that punishment should be punishment.

The US does have it right, however, the amount of tax payers in the US is prob ten fold what it is on the UK. If we were to incarcerate people for life, could the government afford to do, or would the tax payer suffer?

On the other hand, where is the deterent in out current judicial system? There aint none, and thats the problem. People aint affraid of the punishment, so in actual fact, spending a few days inside when you get caught is just a hazard of the job. Remember, they get away with it more than they get caught.

To sum up......(I know I've waffled).....

Punish the fuckers, dont do as thanesas says and mollicoddle them with TV's and PS3's. A 8x6 room with a bed and a shitter, that is all they need!
Fuzz
Fuzz
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JUGGZ Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:06 am

i agree with the death penalty.
if i ruled the world things would be a bit different.
if a drug addict was caught shop lifting i'd cut his hands off.
if he/she did it again the punishment would simply be this.
take the druggie to a hospital fill the fucker with drugs until he/she is dead.
This would solve the problem of shoplifting and it'll cut down the amount of drug users and save money for the nhs.
this would also go for drug dealers.you get caught dealing drugs they would be given an overdose and thrown in to an unmarked grave.

rapists would have their hands and genitals cut off and left to bleed to death.
this would aso go for peadophiles and wife beaters.

existing prisoners would be given 3 meals a day of just bread and water.
now if the prisoners decide to riot and destroy parts of the prison then fuck em. they can live in the mess they made and the prison wouldnt be repaired.
existing prisoners would also be made to wear pink clothing.
to cure the problem of over crowding in the prisons tents would be set up outside...i couldnt careless if it gets to hot or too cold outside,if they want to act like animals they get treated like animals.

i would also make them do hard labour for 16 hours a day just simply crushing rocks.
prisoners are also given a daily allowence of about £4 a day,if it was down to me i'd take £3 a day off them for food and payment of their clothing and habitat be it a tent or a cell.

just for fun on the weekend the prisoners can play the lottery but this is with a twist.
the winner gets taken in to the countryside and is hunted down by men with automatic rifles and dobermans.

aslong as the punishement fis the crime i'm all for it.
JUGGZ
JUGGZ
Making A Mark
Making A Mark

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 pm

I had to serve some prison time for a drink drive offence in 1998, 'three warm meals' equates to a step or two up from dog food - I was locked up for 23 hours of the day in a minute cell with a man looking at life for murdering his mate (stabbed him 42 times with a samurai sword and was going to claim self defense Neutral ) another chap coming off heroin, a bloke who was getting heroin smuggled in for him by way of his mrs putting it in sandwiches which he spewed up into the toilet and got out to consume Neutral ...erm ah yeah another guy who was serving 15 years for aggravated burglary Neutral ...there was NO tv NO playstations and single cells are normally for nutters or weak peoples

The picture painted in the press of prison is very different once you are in there trust me

'Punishment' is your loss of liberty and I can say from first hand experience that it is fucking devastating, of course if you piss about whilst inside what very little you have can be taken from you and although I didn't piss about it must be shiter than a shite stick stuck in a shite..erm..swamp

As I see it the problem with the DP is - is the person carrying out the penalty the same as the murderer?? if after he/she carries out the punishment and goes home with no remorse is he/she - better/the same as a murderer??

gah i'll have to come back to this as i'm being pushed off the computer by the mrs (i'll fucking kill her one of these days
Wink )
Swiss
Swiss
Making Headlines
Making Headlines

Number of posts : 38
Drives : toilet
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content